Friday, August 04, 2006

The Story of the Mutton Piece

Today went to have egg biryani at a Chettinad restaurant here. Man I should have suspected when the taste was too good that there was something wrong. Still I went ahead eating and then I found a piece of non-vegetarian item. Me being Strict eggitarian I was pretty upset looking at the piece in my food. Asked the waiter why is there a chicken piece in my biriyani. To add salt to the wound he said "Sir it is not Chicken, Its mutton". This was the heights of honesty(Wish our JS could be like this.....still not revealing the black sheep or perhaps is the mutton that sheep or goat or whatever) . What more could I do???? Just gave him the money for the 3/4ths that I ate and left. All this happened because I thought variety added spice to life(I have been having full meals for 4 straight days). But it was more spicy than expected..... :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Height of honesty indeed. Very funny and interesting.

Ram said...

@hiren : indeed heights...but i learnt a trick in between that you dont have to waste money on buying chicken biryani...just order egg biryani and you automatically get chicken biryani and tat too at the rate of an egg biryani.....food for thought i guess ????